An HDB loan provides a solid springboard if you are hoping to purchase your own home. Before you apply for an HDB loan, it's a good idea to review the eligibility requirements. Once you have done your research and are sure that you are eligible, you should begin to collect the necessary paperwork. Make sure not to apply for documents such as your CPF contribution history too early, as these will need to be up to date when you apply for the HDB loan.

Best Fixed Rates
Standard Chartered1.70%>
Hong Leong Finance1.80%>
Best Floating Rates

To make things easier for you, I've compiled a list of the necessary documents that you will need to submit along with your application.

An employed person making monthly CPF contributions should bring the following documents:

  1. HDB Loan Eligibility (HLE) Letter
    Getting one of these is a must before you apply for an HDB loan. You can apply for an HLE online here. Getting this letter is an important first step in the process of applying for an HDB loan.
  2. Payslips from the last 3 months
    Or a recent letter from your employer which clearly states your job designation, how long you have worked for them, and proof of your salary over the last 3 months.
  3. CPF contribution history
    You will need to submit your CPF contribution history for the past 15 months. You can obtain this from the Central Provident Fund Board using your SingPass.

    If you are employed without CPF contributions, you won't have to bring in your CPF contribution history, but you will need to provide your latest 12 months of bank statements or passbook.

  4. Credit Bureau report
    You should have an up-to-date credit report on hand when submitting your HDB loan application. You can apply for this at the Credit Bureau (Singapore).
  5. If you are self employed
    You will need to show a valid Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) Business Profile. If you don't have this, you can also provide a valid license of business/trade as proof of your self-employment.

    You will also need to provide a Notice of Assessment (the most recent) from IRAS. You may also choose to turn in a Certified Annual Statement of Accounts from an audit firm instead.

    In addition to these documents, self employed people will also be required to provide bank statements for the past 12 months, and a credit bureau report.

If you are neither employed nor self-employed, you will need to provide additional documents.