|Highlights||Credit Card Feature|
|Things We Like||Earn 18,000 Bonus KrisFlyer Miles when you spend S$6,000 in first 3 months|
|Our Least Favourite||Only Singapore Airlines PPS Club members can apply|
|Our Verdict||Great Singapore Airlines credit card with American Express Platinum perks|
The American Express®Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card is heralded by American Express as being the fastest way to earn KrisFlyer miles. In all fairness it does have a very tempting rate of miles, but is it really the best credit card for earning Singapore Airlines flights? For that matter, would it be worth getting Singapore Airlines PPS membership in order to apply for this card?
Amex issues quite a number of co-branded credit cards with Singapore Airlines, and there are credit cards from other banks that also let you earn miles which can be redeemed for Singapore Airlines flights. So how does The American Express®Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card stand out from all these other cards? In this review, we at GET.com will explain all the benefits of this card in detail to give you a clear picture of what you get, and what it will cost you.
|Credit Card||Features||Intro Interest p.a.||Standard Interest p.a.||Annual Fee||Minimum Income||We least like||Related links|
The American Express®Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card
|24.99% per annum||$551.05 (inclusive of GST) First Year Fee Waiver||S$30,000 p.a for Singapore Citizens and PRs. S$60,000 p.a. for Expats||Related Links Read our review of The American Express®Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card or view more details of The American Express®Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card. See more American Express credit cards.|
Things We Like
First year fee waiver. Enjoy the perks this card offers with no annual fee for the first year. After that there is an annual fee of $551.05.
Earn KrisFlyer miles fast. You earn 2 KrisFlyer miles for every $1 spent on singaporeair.com, silkair.com, KrisShop and at SilkAir SkyShop, both in-flight and online. You earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every $1 you spend on all purchases in Singapore and 1.4 KrisFlyer miles per $1 after you spend over $3,800 in a month. You also recieve 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every $1 spent overseas on eligible purchases. You will earn 2 KrisFlyer miles per $1 overseas after you spend over $3,800 in a month.
No conversion fee. Every KrisFlyer mile you earn by using this card goes straight into your KrisFlyer account. There's no need to pay conversion fees or book your flights weeks in advance! All American Express/Singapore Airlines co-branded cards let you earn KrisFlyer miles automatically. Other miles credit cards like Citi PremierMiles Card and UOB PRVI Miles Visa Card let you earn points which have to be converted to Krisflyer miles (and you have to pay a conversion fee).
Complimentary travel insurance. When you charge the full fare of the travel tickets to this card, you will enjoy complimentary travel accident insurance coverage of up to $1 million.
Other travel benefits. You will also enjoy many other travel benefits, including:
- Be rewarded for your spend on Grab with a $100 cash rebate, and enjoy 500 bonus KrisFlyer miles on your first charge on GrabPay.
- Enjoy preferential rental rates of Portable Wi-Fi Routers by Changi Recommends from as low as $5 per day.
- Receive up to 30% off on walk-in rates at selected Plaza Premium lounges around the world, including at Changi Airport.
- Enjoy Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® loyalty programme and a range of exclusive benefits at over 8,500 participating locations across 150 countries around the world:
10% savings on published rates, including Hertz collections
One car class upgrade (applicable to standard vehicles only and rentals of five or more consecutive days), subject to availability
Fee-waived additional driver
- Your American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card is widely accepted at thousands of leading service establishments in Singapore and millions around the world.
Enjoy Platinum privileges. With this card you can enjoy many American Express Platinum privileges, including:
- Platinum luxury yachts. Enjoy amazing Singapore sights on a beautiful luxury yacht. This card gives you access to the Lagoon 400 Catamarans, ARGON and XENON. You will also enjoy savings and privileges when you book with your Card. Get up to 30% savings off the charter rates, 5 complimentary bottles of Adami Prosecco Extra Dry "Dei Casel" and unlimited soft drinks and accommodate up to 18 people for daily charters or extended cruises
- Platinum golf. Enjoy access to over 40 Golf Clubs outside of Singapore and get complimentary green fees throughout the year. This offer is available in Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand. Supplementary Card Members will also get to enjoy these golfing privileges too
- American Express Selects®. Get up to 50% savings with American Express Selects at a huge variety of restaurants locally and around the globe.
Platinum Health & Wellness. Relax and enjoy platinum spa privileges. Enjoy up to 50% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate.
Purchase guarantee and protection. You can make your purchases with peace of mind. If any unauthorized transactions are made with this card, you will not be held liable! This is a good perk, especially if you use your credit card to shop online, because credit card fraud does happen and can ruin you financially.
Only $30,000 minimum annual income required. If you make $30,000 or more each year, you can apply for this card. For an American Express card with Platinum benefits, that's a very reasonable minimum income requirement.
Our Least Favourite
Only for Singapore Airlines PPS Club members. You will have to be a member of the Singapore Airlines PPS Club, and joining the club isn't as easy as you might think. You will have to make $25,000 net worth of travel bookings for suites, first or business class on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir, within the space of 1 year. Obviously this card will only work for you if you are a lucrative Singapore Airlines customer. But if you travel business, first or suites class regularly, then The American Express®Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card is a good card to have. Not only will you earn 2 KrisFlyer miles per $1 for your Singapore Airlines bookings and 1.3 KrisFlyer miles per $1 for local spending, but you will also enjoy PPS club benefits which include:
- Receive a 25% tier bonus on the actual number of miles flown on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir or Virgin Atlantic when you credit the miles to your KrisFlyer account. This bonus is valid for business, first and suites class flights.
- Complimentary lounge access when you fly with Singapore Airlines or SilkAir. You can relax or work in SilverKris lounges, which are available at most large Asian and Australian airports as well as San Francisco. If you fly with SilkAir, you can use SilkAir lounges (available at many Asian airports).
- Other benefits include priority boarding, priority check-in, guaranteed reservations, and a 100% increase on your permitted baggage allowance when flying with Singapore Airlines or SilkAir.
The American Express®Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card is a somewhat exclusive card designed for people who spend a lot of money on Singapore Airlines or Silkair.
The American Express®Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card is a solid Singapore Airlines credit card with American Express Platinum perks. You earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for each $1 you spend in Singapore. This may seem like a slightly lower rate than the 1.4 air miles you earn for each dollar of local spending with UOB PRVI Miles Visa Card but if you spend $3,800 each month you can match that and earn 1.4 KrisFlyer miles on every dollar spent afterwards. It's fair to say that The American Express®Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card is the fastest way to earn KrisFlyer miles, but only if you spend a lot on Singapore Airlines flights, and ideally spend $6,000 in the first 3 months in order to earn the 18,000 bonus miles.
More than anything, The American Express®Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card is a prestigious Singapore Airlines credit card because PPS Club membership isn't easy to achieve. Plus, you enjoy exclusive Platinum benefits from American Express, which can greatly enhance your lifestyle. If you qualify for PPS Club membership and fly with Singapore Airlines often, then The American Express®Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card is one of the best cards you can get, in my opinion.