BestCreditCards.sg's Review of Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card
|Highlights||Credit Card Feature|
|Things We Like||Earn up to 3.2 air miles per $1 spent on dining, petrol, taxi rides and hotel bookings|
|Our Least Favourite||Points expire quickly|
|Our Verdict||Great card with useful travel perks for those who travel a lot|
- Complimentary Travel Insurance Coverage Up to $1,000,000
- Enjoy complimentary access to selected VIP airport lounges when you charge a minimum of $1,000 in a single transaction on a retail purchase to your Card to enjoy a one-time complimentary lounge access to the participating airport lounges. Simply present your Card at any of the lounges within 3 months from transaction date.
- Cardmember's accompanying guest(s) enjoys 20% off walk-in rates for lounge access at participating Plaza Premium Lounge outlets.
- With the flexibility of TREATS Points, redeem a host of privileges such as shopping and dining vouchers, cash credits and more, other than KrisFlyer Miles or AsiaMiles.
- Enjoy a host of attractive privileges in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.
- Access Maybank Card's suite of financial services including interest-free instalment payment plans such as EzyPay, FlexiPay and more.
- Maybank Visa Money Transfer allows you to transfer funds from your Card to any Visa Card overseas, at attractive rates.
- Withdraw cash from ATMs worldwide. Fees and charges apply.
- Annual Fee
$180 p.a. (automatically waived with a total minimum spend of S$18,000 per annum.)
- Minimum Income
S$30,000 for Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident; S$45,000 for Malaysian Citizen in employment for at least 1 year; S$60,000 for Foreigner in employment for at least 1 year
- Standard Interest p.a.
Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card is a travel credit card that lets you earn up to 3.2 air miles with every $1 spent on dining and travel expenses at home or abroad. It also gives you access to selected VIP airport lounges, and complimentary travel insurance coverage of up to $1,000,000.
At first glance, this card looks very much like some other travel credit cards which let you earn points or miles that can be redeemed for rewards or travel. But is Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card the most rewarding travel card? I will let you be the judge of that after you get a better understanding of the benefits and the requirements of this card.
Things We Like About Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card
Earn 8X TREATS Points with every $1 spent. You will earn 8x TREATS Points (equivalent to 3.2 air miles) for every $1 you spend in the following categories:
- Dining in Singapore
- Petrol Stations in Singapore
- Taxi Rides in Singapore
- Hotel Bookings at Agoda.com/horizon
Earn 5X TREATS Points with every $1 spent in the following categories:
- Travel Packages
- Air Tickets Across All Airlines
- Foreign Currency Transactions
5X TREATS Points are equivalent to 2 air miles, if you travel very often, this card provides quite an easy way to earn miles!
To earn 8X and 5X TREATS Points, all you have to do is spend a minimum of $300 on your Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card in a calendar month.
Complimentary access to selected VIP airport lounges. Want to relax and wait in style for your flight in a VIP airport lounge before you take off? Here's your chance! All you have to do is charge a minimum of $1,000 in a single transaction on a retail purchase to your card to enjoy a one-time complimentary lounge access to the participating airport lounges. Simply present your Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card at any of the lounges within 3 months from transaction date, including:
- Ambassador Transit Lounge at Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 2 and Terminal 3
- Plaza Premium Lounge at Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 1 and Terminal 4
- Plaza Premium Lounge at Kuala Lumpur International Airport KLIA Terminal and KLIA2 Terminal
- Plaza Premium Lounge at Hong Kong Airport Terminal 1 and Terminal 2
Though your companions on the same flight don't get the same privilege, they can still get 20% discount off walk-in rates for access to participating Plaza Premium Lounge at Singapore Changi Airport, Kuala Lumpur International Airport and Hong Kong International Airport as long as their tickets have been booked with your Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card .
Get complimentary travel insurance. When you charge your air tickets or travel packages in full to this card, you will get complimentary travel insurance coverage of up to $1,000,000. So you don't have to bother with choosing different insurance plans for each of your trips. This is a travel accident insurance, so you are covered for accidental death or severe disability resulting from an airline accident.
Annual fee waiver. $180 annual fee is automatically waived when you spend a minimum of $18,000 per annum. If you are a frequent traveller, that isn't a difficult requirement. And the supplementary card is free!
Our Least Favourite Things About Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card
Points have a short expiry date. Points from Maybank have one of the shortest expiry dates in the market and expire one year from the quarterly period in which they were earned.
Complimentary VIP airport lounge access only in 3 countries. VIP airport lounge access is only available in Singapore, Malaysia (KL) and Hong Kong. That's great if you tend to travel to these countries, but if you travel to Europe or USA, you won't get to enjoy the VIP airport lounge access.
Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card is a decent travel credit card that lets you earn air miles easily. When you use this card for dining and travel expenses at home or abroad, you will earn 3.2 miles for every $1 spent. It also provides you with up to $1,000,000 complimentary travel accident insurance when you pay your air tickets or travel packages in full with this card. But you will only fully utilise all the benefits of this card when you travel to nearby countries, since the complimentary VIP airport lounge access is limited to Malaysia and Hong Kong. Of course, you will still get to enjoy the complimentary lounge benefit when you depart from or return to Changi Airport.
See more Maybank credit cards.